How You Can Help End Human Trafficking
Engage Social Media and Talk About Human Trafficking
Social media is the perfect tool to keep the conversation in the public’s eye. Here are some pages where you can find stories to share online:
Become a member of together1heart group on LinkedIn
AnnaLynne McCord produced this short film to create awareness about human trafficking.
Watch and share the video!
Create your own campaign to end Human Trafficking – Become an advocate.
Getting started can always seem a little daunting. But it’s easier than you might think. And once you get going, the results are immeasurable.
Check out the video of Ryan John Philips. He did a TEDxStanleyPark in Vancouver and talked about together1heart. He did a bike ride in Cambodia to raise awareness and funds against sex trafficking and what he experienced over there changed his life forever. Watch and share it!
Tap into your own creativity and relationship to fundraise for together1heart.
The importance of this work can never be underestimated. But the reality is that we can’t keep going without help from fundraisers. Fundraising means more finance, more investigations, and ultimately more rescues.
Consider hosting an action-oriented event:
- Pick a date for your event to take place (consider a rain date if your event is outside)
- Recruit volunteers to participate in your event – make sure to keep a list of everyone who signed up so that you can send them details and keep them updated on future events
- Advertise your event to your community through word of mouth, flyers, emails, Facebook events, Twitter etc.
- Create tickets on Eventbrite
- Enlist co-sponsors: you know your community better than we do. Check to see if your local store or company is willing to help finance your event.
- Event guidelines on demand at email@example.com
• Online Campaign: Build a simple fundraising site online through a DIY (link), and launch your own personalized campaign against Modern-Day Slavery:.
Use all the different platform. We use Crowdrise most of the time. For example, you can donate your birthday.
Join us and be a part of the solution!